This past week was spent traveling for both of us. Karl headed to Las Vegas to celebrate his graduation with his best friend Charlie, while I headed home to Oshkosh for some time with my family. Karl and Charlie planned this trip long ago with a few other friends but when it actually came time to go, it ended up being just the two of them. Neither came back with any winnings but enjoyed the trip anyway. I was able to spend four days with my family, most of them I haven't seen since Christmas so it was nice to be at home. Ella made the trip with me as well so she could visit with her "grandparents and uncle Corey". It was the first time for me to have her in the car alone for that long of a drive but it wasn't as tough as I expected. Its hard to go home sometimes because there are so many friends and family that I don't get to see that I spend the whole time rushing around trying to visit family. My dad is busy renovating the kitchen in our house and my mom is busy working as usual. My brother is getting ready to head to Maryland for the summer for an internship so the family got together at my aunts for a cookout on Saturday. I also got to see my 9 year old cousin play baseball on Saturday morning, he is quite a character! I miss my family so much and I am trying hard to convince them to come visit me. I wish I had more time off of work to visit or that Chicago traffic and construction would quit so it wouldn't take so long to get between here and Oshkosh! I was disappointed that I didn't get to see any of my friends but maybe I can convince some of them to make the trip east as well.
Its Monday and back to work as usual for me. Karl is working as well, its his first day of training for his new job at St. Elizabeth hospital. He doesn't officially start until June 2 but he gets to spend today learning the ropes. We are all very excited about that!
Monday, May 19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment