Monday, June 29

26 Week Update

Less than 100 days to go! Its hard to believe that by the end of this week I will be entering my third trimester. I met with one of my new doctors last week and everything is growing well. It seems that I have sort of exploded over the last week or so and my appointment proved that with a real weight gain for the first time ever and my baby belly has grown 5 cm since last month. Its also more obvious since I went from having a ton of clothes that fit to not much of anything in about a weeks time. Ringo was moving around like crazy while I was visiting the doctor so it took a while to get a solid heartbeat but it was a consistent 148 bpm and this week he/she will be the size of a head of cauliflower. From now on I will have an appointment every two weeks until September then its every week until Ringo decides to appear. I still need to meet the two other doctors in the practice so by the end of this month I will have at least seen all of them so they wont be total strangers to me. I have been feeling pretty good and as long as there is air conditioning and I can put my feet up and relax at night, the heat hasn't been too hard to deal with. Ringo moves around a lot and Karl was able to feel it for the first time while we were in Florida. I still can't really distinguish the movements but it certainly makes me wonder what is going on in there!
With three months to go I feel like there is so much to be done! We just haven't had a lot of free weekends to work on the baby room but that is priority #1 now that we have some time. We have the bedding and some accessories purchased and the main furniture was ordered last week so when it all arrives we be spending a lot of time piecing it all together. Our families have both planned baby showers for us in the coming weeks so hopefully we will have everything we need by the time the little one comes. I hope to get some pictures of the baby room as we get things completed so more to come soon.

No comments: