Monday, May 17
Rewind: Last Day at Work
Yet another milestone celebrated on April 30: my last day at Purdue. With the craziness of the whole week I didn't really feel like I got to relax and enjoy it. My co-workers had planned on a reception in the football team meeting room from 2-4 so when our house closing got pushed back it really caused problems. I was a little late but I still got to enjoy cake and visit with people. It was also our cheerleading coach's last day so we had a joint party. It was nice to have a chance to see a lot of people before I left, some just came for the cake but that was okay too. Karl picked up Ally at day care so she could say good bye too. Once the party wrapped up, I finished up some things in the office and loaded the last of my office things into the car and headed to Harry's with the promotions staff. We enjoyed a little happy hour there and it was packed! Some of our interns joined in and my wonderful bosses supplied the drinks. Big thank you to Barb, Heather, Jackie and Andrew for making my last day a celebration. I was sad to leave everyone and no matter how much I've complained over the last 5 years about the long hours, demanding coaches, needy staff members, etc... I really am going to miss working for Purdue Athletics. Now its time to learn how to be a fan....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment