Tuesday, August 31

A trip with Ally then one without

We made it back after an almost 2 week adventure. We spent a week with my family in Oshkosh then we left Ally for 4 days while we took a mini-vacation in Lake Geneva and then a very quick trip to Pittsburgh for our friend Charlie's wedding. We did a lot of fun things while we were home including the water park in town (which Ally absolutely loved), dinner with Sara and Kevin from Madison, my cousin Kaylin's wedding and a Brewer game with my dad. Once we left Ally had even more fun with a visit to the Milwaukee Zoo, Menominee Park, and seeing lots of friends and family.

It was hard to leave Ally but the timing was right and we were happy to get away for a few days. Being without her had its good parts like getting to carry a purse instead of a diaper bag, not having to search for high chairs and changing tables, getting to eat food when its served, actually getting to dress nice and do my hair, etc... but we missed her a lot. I only called two times a day to check on her and my mom said she was having a blast and was being a perfect little angel every time I called. We had a relaxing massage at the resort and were happy to spend time with Charlie and his family at the wedding.

A very big thank you to my family in Oshkosh for being so great with her and for letting us have a few days to relax. They had been waiting a long time to have Ally all to themselves so I know it was hard when we left yesterday. I think this video I shot on my digital camera on Sunday pretty much sums up her time without us:

No comments: