Thursday, December 16

New Teeth

Teething is a vicious cycle. Ally has only had four teeth since before her first birthday but all of a sudden new teeth are popping up all over. The entire lower right side has decided to come in all at once, including her molar. The left side has also started to swell and her molar has surfaced and yesterday I could see the two top teeth next to the center ones breaking out. Its crazy! It always seems like her worst teething happens in conjunction with a cold (pediatricians say coincidence but I disagree) so its very tough to tell whats causing her crabbiness and waking during the night. We have been treating with baby orajel since the herbal tabs that were so wonderful have since been recalled. Seems to work okay for short spurts but it doesn't do much for the swelling. She used to like the teething rings but now she is far to busy to just sit and chew on those. I just keep expecting to wake up to a smiling mouth full of teeth soon!

No comments: