Yes, we are boring and did nothing special on New Years eve or New Years Day. Karl and I both had off on Friday and we woke up to bad thunderstorms and tornado sirens going off. It was crazy! We are very thankful to have a house with a nice big basement so we spent a little time down there until the storm passed. We did a little shopping and I went in to work for a few hours. Karl made a delicious cheese fondue dinner and we just played with all of Ally's new toys and watched football like the boring people we are. Ally's idea of a good time was spreading her toys all over the entire main level of the house and running across the sectional couch. Karl and I stayed up until midnight eastern time and then called it a night. Saturday I had to work at 4 so we just hung out at home and watched bowl games and played. We all were sporting our Badger gear but sad to say it really didn't help.
Karl and I kept reminding each other that we were the ones at the Rose Bowl 10 years ago. Hard to believe its been that long and we didn't even know each other then. We had very different experiences- his as a manager for the football team and mine as a twirler with the band. I barely remember much of anything because we were so busy and tired but I clearly remember the parade as the best part. Ally and I watched the Rose Parade this year and I told her that some day she could march in the parade too. I think she liked the idea!
Ready for bed and relaxing in her chair on New Years Eve

Go Badgers!


No comments:
Post a Comment