Thursday, May 5

The Joys of a Toddler

Over lunch I went to Target to pick up a few things we needed. I went to the check out with two items for Ally: a giant pack of diapers and a potty chair. I laughed to myself that these are sort of ironic things to be purchasing at the same time but I suppose that's what happens at this stage of toddler development. What brought this on you might ask. Let me describe it this way: Sunday I had to go in to work for a few hours. I come home, open the door from the garage to find my daughter standing in the kitchen with her pants around her ankles. She proceeded to pull them up and down over and over, very amused wit her new trick. Monday the teachers at day care told me that they snapped Ally's onesie over her jeans so that she wouldn't be able to pull her pants down. Her new favorite words are poop and pee and she has been aware of when both are happening for a few weeks now. She is also very interested in the habits of the dog and likes to yell "Ella pee" every time we let the dog out the front door or point to her tail and say "eeeewwww". Apparently all signs point to Ally being ready to give the potty seat a try. I have done extensive research this week and decided on a model from fisher-price. Who knew there would be so many options with so many reviews to read? At day care they have smaller versions of adult toilets to use so hopefully this interest in all things bathroom related stays around for awhile. Are we ready for this? Probably not but not having to spend any more money on diapers would be amazing!

1 comment:

LaurenK said...

I hope it works better for you than it did for us. Taryn went through a time of potty interest. We had her sitting on the potty, occasionally wearing big girl panties in the evening, etc. Now, we are going through a potty-phobic phase!!! I'm going to try again this summer when I'm out of school...