Tuesday, May 28

Month 2 with Hadley

Month 2 with Hadley has been fun. She started spending more of her day awake and sleeping for longer stretches at night. She has also started to recognize faces and voices and give us smiles and coos.  The big event this month was a trip to Wisconsin to introduce her to the family that wasn't able to make the trip to us when she was born.  I made the drive north with just Hadley, taking about 7 hours total with the two feeding stops. Karl and Ally came up the next day and then I stayed a few extra days and drove back with both girls myself.  Hadley got to meet most of her great grandparents, aunts, uncles and some of her cousins. The bad news is that I spent 5 days there and didn't take a single picture! It was nice to have extra sets of hands and Ally got lots of play time with everyone. She likes to be Grandma Julie's little shadow any time they are together. My poor mother can't even go to the bathroom alone when Ally is around... its crazy but cute.
Hadley and I have been making the most of our time together venturing around Indianapolis. We have been doing more shopping lately to get summer clothes for Ally since she has grown almost 2 full sizes since last year and nothing fits.  Hadley likes our trips to Target, Kohls and Hobby Lobby. We have also spent some time with our friends the Conners and the Benders but Hadley mostly sleeps through those dinners. I have been able to get little things around the house done while she naps on most days. We also have been exploring the neighborhood taking long walks with Ella (when its not raining). 
The next month will be very busy as we have plans for Hadley's baptism in Oshkosh and she will be startind day care when I go back to work after Memorial Day. She will also have her next doctors appointment mid-June where she will get all of her important shots. Here are a few of the pictures I did take this month.
Im 2 months old today

Sending love to Uncle Corey
The girls on Mother's Day

Play time

No comments: