Hadley has really changed a lot this month! She is moving all over the house, has her two bottom teeth and is super loud. All of a sudden she went from sitting up to army crawling everywhere as fast as possible. She can get up on her hands and knees but prefers to just wiggle to get around the house on her belly. She can go in all directions and scoots very fast.Hadley loves to stand, jump and walk around holding hands. Anything but laying down is good for this girl!
Her two bottom teeth popped through right after Halloween. She definitely likes to use them and wants to chew on anything and everything. I can't see any others close to the surface but it looks like her top gums are pretty swollen as well so those might not be far behind. Now that she has teeth she loves to feel them with her tongue and make all kids of funny faces with her tongue and lips. I'm a little worried that she is going to become one of the "biters" because she really loves to get all things in her mouth, much more than Ally ever did so hopefully we can keep it to toys and not people.
Hadley has been eating a steady diet of breast milk and pureed foods but really loves to feed herself snacks. Pretzels and cheerios are her favorite but she will try just about anything. We have given her some meats and she seems to eat best when we can keep her hands occupied either with a spare spoon or something else. She has to be in the right mood to want to sit in her chair and eat because she gets easily distracted. I think carrots are her least favorite food thus far. I am still nursing at home, mostly because she just really likes it. She takes bottles fine if I am no where around or if we are out but she is a mommy's girl and finds it comforting. Her sleep at night is completely dependent on her eating habits so if she doesn't get enough milk during the day, you can guarantee she will wake up sometime between 3 and 5 and want to nurse. Most of the time she sleeps great but I always know I will be up in the night if she grazes during the day rather than taking all of her bottles. The girls are so different in the nursing/eating department so I am doing my best to keep up. We have a big stock pile of frozen milk (even after sharing some with a friend that was having trouble) so we will see how long we can last. Its a small inconvenience for me but not having to buy formula and the extra snuggle time I get with Hadley when I'm not working is awesome.We are going to start working on the cup with water this week and see how she feels about that.
This month Hadley also experienced her first ear infection so that was not
very fun. The whole day care room was infected with colds, ear
infections and RSV. She was pretty miserable for a few days but it
cleared up after a dose of antibiotics and a few days home.
Again, I did
a terrible job taking pictures this month but here are a few. We are almost out of the 6 month clothes and her hair is starting to get thick and curly! She has the best gray/green eyes too.
Friday, December 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment