Thursday, January 15
Frozen Ella-cicle
This morning was quite the adventure for our little puggle... she experienced her first below zero day. Winters in Indiana are usually not very cold and not nearly as snowy as Wisconsin winters. Today was an exception and I think the first time it has ever been this cold since I've been here. Ella was also new to this and was not very happy about it. During the night she wanted to go out so I got all bundled up to take her out quick at 2 a.m. She took two steps out the front door and came right back in and climbed in bed. Then this morning, she did the same thing-whined to go out but once she got out she wanted nothing to do with it. I finally got her to get around to the side of the house where it was sunny and not so windy. She managed to squat down but when she went to get back up to run in, her little hind legs were stuck. She was starting to freeze! She couldn't move in the snow so I had to pick her up to get her inside. I felt so bad for her but it really was kind of funny to see her try and move her little legs. Apparently puggles cannot survive when its -7 outside. Maybe she should have asked Santa for a sweater and booties for Christmas! Something tells me that only my grandpa will appreciate this post... he thinks its funny to threaten family pets with cooking them, freezing them, or tossing them into rivers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
And of course there is basketball on the tube.
Post a Comment