The first game against Rutgers was just awesome! We jumped out to a big lead and weren't about to give it up no matter how hard they tried in the last minutes of the game. On the day off in between the sun finally came out and Corey and I walked to the Oklahoma City bombing memorial and ate lunch in an awesome restaurant inside the Bricktown Ballpark. The elite 8 game was a totally different story as it was basically a home game for the number one seeded Oklahoma Sooners. The crowd was deafening... honestly, I have never experienced anything so loud in an arena before. There were almost 12,000 fans there and 11,950 of them were cheering for OU. We played a great game but just couldn't stop the Paris sisters down the stretch. It was a tough loss but really they couldn't have done anything better. I always fear the flight home after losses but the whole team was taking it pretty well by the time we got on the plane (3 hours after the game ended). I was excited to have the chance to travel with the team and it was fun having Corey there to hang out with too. I would have loved to spend this weekend in St. Louis but being gone for almost 2 weeks has made me happy to be home. I'll just watch the Final Four action from my couch this weekend and hope that our teams can fare even better next year.
Thursday, April 2
Oklahoma... not quite OK
The trip to Oklahoma City for the women's sweet 16 and elite 8 games was quite an interesting trip. It was exciting for the team to get to continue their season but Oklahoma City was not exactly the most desirable of locations. We landed in a snow storm that threatened to dump 8 inches of snow on us but we were spared and had two days of snow flurries and freezing rain but nothing that stuck. Our hotel was located literally 10 steps from the arena but that's about all it was close to. The "popular" area of town everyone pointed us to was called Bricktown and consists of several bars and restaurants in big old brick buildings, a new movie theatre, and a baseball field. Unfortunately not too exciting.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment