Corey is now an Illinois State Redbird! He has been accepted into the sports administration masters program and will be moving to Bloomington, IL very soon to begin his job as the graduate assistant in the athletics ticket office. Hooray for getting paid to go to school. I am so proud of him! Who would have thought that my brother would be getting a masters degree?? Its kind of ironic that he will be in Bloomington because I have friends that moved there last year and Karl was a finalist for a job at one of the hospitals there just a few months ago. It would have been nice to be in the same city but two hours away is a lot better than five. I know quite a few people that work in the ISU athletics department and I really think he will like it there. Aside from the school work, working in the ticket office should be a really great opportunity for him and he will learn a lot. Hopefully it will open up some doors for him when its all over. He starts work in early June so I'm looking forward to helping him find a place to live and get settled well before the fall semester begins. Hopefully we can make a few trips there before the baby comes and after, the short drive means he can come spend a lot of time with his niece/nephew and my parents can visit us both in one trip. Way to go Corey, we are so proud of you!
Thursday, April 30
Go Redbirds!
Corey is now an Illinois State Redbird! He has been accepted into the sports administration masters program and will be moving to Bloomington, IL very soon to begin his job as the graduate assistant in the athletics ticket office. Hooray for getting paid to go to school. I am so proud of him! Who would have thought that my brother would be getting a masters degree?? Its kind of ironic that he will be in Bloomington because I have friends that moved there last year and Karl was a finalist for a job at one of the hospitals there just a few months ago. It would have been nice to be in the same city but two hours away is a lot better than five. I know quite a few people that work in the ISU athletics department and I really think he will like it there. Aside from the school work, working in the ticket office should be a really great opportunity for him and he will learn a lot. Hopefully it will open up some doors for him when its all over. He starts work in early June so I'm looking forward to helping him find a place to live and get settled well before the fall semester begins. Hopefully we can make a few trips there before the baby comes and after, the short drive means he can come spend a lot of time with his niece/nephew and my parents can visit us both in one trip. Way to go Corey, we are so proud of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment