Monday, April 19

Last Week in the House

This weekend was very busy with working a ton of events and trying to pack up our life. The moving truck will be at our house a week from today and there is still so much to do. Its sort of sad when I think that this is the last week in our first house, I love it so much and would pick it up and move the whole thing if I could! The house was our first investment and our first leap of faith since we purchased it when neither of us had solid careers. Since we bought the house in June of 2006 I got a job, we got Ella, Karl started and finished grad school, Karl got and later quit a job at St. Elizabeth, we added a deck and professional landscaping, we had Allyson and Karl got a new job at St. John's in Springfield. We don't close on the house until next Friday, the 30th but because of the moving truck availability and Karl's schedule we have to get it all cleaned out on Monday. Ally, Ella and I will be staying with Grandma Sharon, Grandpa Henry and Bob next week while I finish up at work. In retrospect, agreeing to stay until the end of April was way too nice of me because last weekend and this weekend are full of every event possible! Working has left little time for packing but we will make it work. I'm thinking about creating a little photo tribute to our house but I just don't have the time for that either. Instead, enjoy these photos of Ally from the Spring Football game on Saturday. This was her first football event and she seemed mesmerized for the first few minutes then slept through the rest! I was busy working so daddy and Grandpa Joel kept her entertained on campus all day. The weather was cool but sunny so she got to tailgate, sit in the expensive club seats, walk around spring fest and see a little baseball.

No comments: