Tuesday, April 27

Moving Day

Well... we are officially out of our house in West Lafayette. The truck arrived at 8:30am yesterday and was completely loaded and gone by 11:30am. It then arrived at our apartment in Chatham (suburb of Springfield) at 9am this morning and was unloaded by noon. The house still needs some cleaning and we have a few minor things to pick up before we leave this weekend but its almost totally empty. It looks so dirty and sad right now! With some major help from Karl's parents and my dad, we were able to get everything boxed, things taken to storage here in town and staged to be loaded in the truck on time. The storage we have here is packed full with furniture from our spare bedroom, winter clothes, lawn care items, pictures, shelves, etc... and we made a sizable donation to Good Will of various items.

Ally, Ella and I are spending this week at Henry and Sharon's. Friday will be my last day at work and Ally's last day at day care. We also close on the house Friday morning and surrender our keys to the new guy. The good byes have started and its sad but its also exciting to move on to something new. Stressful but exciting! We will be in town for a little going away party Saturday night then we will load up the rest of our stuff into our two cars and head for IL on Sunday.

Below is a photo of our giant trash pile that was put out today. YUCK! The before and after photos of the house are soon to come too. I would add it to this post but its on my digital camera and surprise, the cable to upload to the computer went to Springfield! Hey- if that's the only thing I'm missing this week, I think I did a pretty good job packing.

No comments: