Monday, August 25

Go Horse!

Last night we had tickets to the first Colts game in the new stadium. It was only a pre-season game but it was awesome to see the new Lucas Oil Stadium and to be there for the first game. I had to work all day but we were able to leave town around 5:30 and got there with plenty of time to walk around the concourses and check things out. It was crowded and everyone was really excited to be in the new stadium. I didn't get the memo that you can only wear jerseys to the colts game but at least we had colts shirts on so we didn't stick out too bad. Our seats were way up top but it didn't matter. The team played terrible, but again it really didn't matter because we were more interested in taking in the new stuff than the crappy game that was going on. They had a big ceremony to open the retractable roof so we got to watch half of the game with it open and half with it closed. Its an awesome place to watch a game- no Lambeau Field but it has a totally different look and feel. The game was so bad that most of the crowd left by halftime but we made it through to the end of the third quarter so we at least got to see the colts score, which was exciting. Usually its hard for me to enjoy going to athletics events just because I find myself only concentrating on the strange things that I worry about at my events- score board graphics, PA announcers, cheerleaders, anthem singers, pregame music, fire up videos, coin toss kids, sponsors, etc.... but everything was really well done. The NFL game is so much different from the college game and since I have only been to Packer games, colts games were even different from those. We had a great time and were happy we witnessed the first game!

1 comment:

The Browands said...

Jeff and I went to a Seahawks game the first year we moved here and not only didn't we have on a jersey, we didn't even have on Seahawks shirts. Seeing that we're Colts fans that was no surprise, but we did stick out like a sore thumb. I can't wait for the Colts to come to Seattle so I can go and wear my Manning jersey!