Hooray for three day weekends! It was a busy weekend and we both loved the extra day off on the 4th. As I mentioned, I try not to be here for the 4th because its one of the few times during the year I get to spend with my family but if I have to be here I am happy to spend it with friends. We were invited to all of the wedding festivities for our friends Cris and Emily so on Friday we relaxed during the day and joined the party at Bruno's for the rehearsal dinner. Following dinner we decided that instead of watching the fireworks at the football stadium with some of the athletics staff we would "borrow" a golf cart and head out onto the course to check them out up close. We took the 6 passenger cart and headed out to the 7th green, pulled out the blanket, beverages for the boys and saw an awesome show. We were about as close as you can be without getting hit so it was a great view. Not quite the same as the show over Lake Winnebago, but its the best you can get around here so I was satisfied. Saturday was wedding day so I was busy helping set up at the Union Ballroom while Karl played in the grooms golf outing. The whole wedding had a golf theme (even though Cris is a tennis coach) and the ceremony happened right on the Purdue golf course. It was a perfect day for a wedding and by the time the ceremony started at 7 p.m. it was actually hot to sit in the sun. It was a short ceremony and Emily looked beautiful. While the wedding party took some photos we rushed over to the ballroom to make sure everything was ready to go before anyone else got there. The centerpieces were personalized golf balls on tees in an arrangement that looked like grass, very cute but the balls kept falling off the tees so I had to go around ten times to make sure they were all stuck on! Anyway, fun times and we are very happy for Mr. and Mrs. James. We were sitting in the back row so I couldn't get many photos of the actual ceremony but here are a few from the wedding day.
A side note to my unmarried friends: Please no more 4th of July weekend weddings, three in the last four years is enough!


No comments:
Post a Comment